Monday 2 March 2009

New game in the works!

Having only created 2 games, I'm pretty surprised with what I've already achieved with this new one I'm working on. This game is not a sequel to bunny invasion though.

I don't know what it's going to be called or what the story is; all I know is what it's going to be similar to:
This is a picture from the game I played when I was 7 years old, Vandal Hearts.
It's a fucking brilliant game! So i was more excited than ever when I came up with the idea to do something similar to it.
It's an RPG/Strategy game. You have a number of moves per go, you can attack, cast spells, and you have multiple characters. There are objectives to each fight, and I think it was the first RPG/strategy that let you interact with your surrounding environment.

Thats pretty much as far as I've got with this new untitled game.
You can currently move a character a limited number of moves, change character, rotate the camera, generate a level, and generate objects on land (or water)
This game is gonna be long! The sort of length Protector is!
I can't wait to get a decent story for this game. No doubt my brothers gonna write it again :)
Oh yeah, a proper GP Studios website is on the way!
Sign up to this blog and check for later updates on the new game!

Please leave comments, let me know what you think, give me your ideas!!

7 comments:

  1. That looks promising! Even if it's just the engine. I've never played with Vandal Hearts, but heard so much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it has amazing graphics and gameplay, will it have a story? - Never heard of Vandal Hearts -

    ReplyDelete
  3. try to mold your game from fire emblem and final fantasy tactics

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting...go and do more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love turn-based RPGs. Good luck dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd probably like it, but it will not be that new: I alredy know 2 game series of this kind.
    The one that's probably the closest of this is the Knight tactics:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/414176
    It doesn't look nice, but has a good gameplay. It's author now makes the Modern Tactics series, wich is really good:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/447497
    Than there is this Strategy Defens series, wich is also this gener:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/405912

    But of course the Bunny Invasion is also a pretty generic defense game (no offense) and jet it's still very successful, becouse it's good in it's kind. So you can probably be succesful with this one too, if you make it good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like this kind of games! Keep up your good work! Anyway it will be an honor if you can contribute Free Games at my website :)

    ReplyDelete